National Dark Chocolate Day
World Nutella Day
National “Have a Brownie” Day
National Cream-Filled Chocolates Day
National Chocolate Mint Day
National Chocolate-Covered Peanuts Day
National Chocolate Souffle Day
Chocolate Toffee Biscuits
These sweet and crunchy biscuits would be perfect with your morning cup of coffee. They’re so quick and easy to assemble, and delicious to eat any time of day.
START TO FINISH: 25 MIN.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar 3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed 3/4 cup milk 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate
chips 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond prickle chips TOPPING
1 teaspoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Brush with the melted butter; sprinkle with sugar. Bake biscuits at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
FREEZE OPTION Freeze the cooled biscuits in resealable plastic freezer bags.
To use, heat in a preheated 350° oven for 15-20 minutes.
Frozen Chocolate Monkey Treats
Fresh banana becomes an irresistibly yummy treat when you coat the slices with chocolate and dip them in peanuts, sprinkles or even toasted coconut.
3 medium bananas
1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate chips
2 teaspoons shortening
Toppings: chopped peanuts, toasted flaked coconut and/or colored jimmies
- Cut each banana into six pieces (about 1 in.). Insert a toothpick into each piece; transfer to a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until completely firm, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip banana pieces in chocolate mixture; allow the excess to drip off. Dip in toppings as desired; return to a baking sheet. Freeze at least 30 minutes before serving.
NOTE To toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Almond Chocolate Biscotti
My neighbors like getting gifts of these white chocolate-drizzled cookies. And I like that they’re a cinch to make.
1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup white baking chips
1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, flour, butter, eggs, chocolate syrup and extracts until well blended. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips. Divide dough in half. On ungreased baking sheets, shape each portion into a 12×2-in.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until firm to the touch. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 20 minutes.
- Transfer baked logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets, cut side down. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti; let stand until set. Store the biscotti between pieces of waxed paper in airtight containers.
FREEZE OPTION Freeze undrizzled cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers. Drizzle with baking chip mixture as directed.
Tangerine Chocolate Semifreddo
When I wanted a new frozen treat for my family, I came up with a citrusy, chocolaty version of the classic Italian semifreddo custard. For an elegant presentation, top each serving with whipped cream, tangerine and cocoa.
8 large egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar, divided 1 tablespoon grated tangerine peel
1 tablespoon tangerine juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Sweetened whipped cream and baking cocoa 1. In top of a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, combine the egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, tangerine peel, juice and salt. Beat on medium speed until mixture is thick, frothy and holds a ribbon and a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from heat; whisk in melted chocolate and vanilla. Quickly transfer to a bowl; place in ice water and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until completely cool, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cooled chocolate mixture. Pour into six freezer-safe dessert glasses or dishes. Freeze until firm, about
- Just before serving, top with sweetened whipped cream and dust with cocoa. Serve frozen custard immediately.
Happy Valentine To My Fellow Friend!!!
My Kitchen – My Art Wall Art Poster
Shelf Storage Box
Extendable Kitchen Spice Rack
Kitchen Shelf Organizer
Oak Wooden Sideboard 152*135
Brabantia Storage Jar Set of 3
Kitchen Shelf White With 2 Sliding doors€79,99
Kitchen trolley in vintage country style Dimensions approx. 58 x 84 x 39 cm |€58,04
Blomus Vase, Peat€20,99
Boltze Vasen – Set (2 Stück), weiß, H17cm